28 November 2013

Bakerzin with New Concept: DESSERT BAR

I've known Bakerzin with their scrumptious dessert and dishes. I always love visiting Bakerzin.  And now they have a new concept for their restaurant. Placed in Plaza Senayan Level 2 Bakerzin try to introduce and re-opening their restaurant into a different level.

Luckily I've got an invitation for their re-opening Dessert Bar in Plaza Senayan Branch. All invitation, bloggers, Media and VIP all set in one place and day. It makes the restaurant become over capacity and too crowded. It also make the order came so long and they running out the dessert and cakes so damn fast. 


All new dessert will be placed in dessert bar. So you the customers, can straight pick and order their tempting dessert. What a great move that Bakerzin made...

Bakerzin Plaza Senayan - New Concept & Interior
Meanwhile, for the interior and exterior, Bakerzin also make a change for their outlet. This time they took modern rustique with a vintage France look in their display and furniture. I love the wooden big window in their store. With capacity 140 peoples, Bakerzin pretty confy to hangout. Specially they have dessert bar corner, place where the customer can interact with the barista and chef pastry.


Important note for you who doesn't smoke. Choose outside sitting area if your not smoking. Because indoor area for those who smoking. Eventhough we still can smell the smoke, because there's no specific divider.


Enough with the interior. Now let's move to their menus. I bet you guys already can't wait. Just scroll down... And do not lick your screen while you read it LOL...


Yummy Canape
Salmon Steak - IDR 90.000
Grilled salmon served with sautéed baby potatoes and vegetables.
Everything in this plate is so good. A well-done salmon steak cooked in perfection. It so tasty without overpowering herbs. Taste tender and not fishy. Served with tender baby potatoes and the herbs also tasteful in this potatoes. The veggies also cooked well. Not too overcooked. So we still can get the crunchy texture

Classic Oxtail Soup - IDR 90.000
Our signature oxtail soup served with steamed rice and melinjo chips.
I don't a have a great expectation about this oxtail soup actually. At first, I thought it would be so-so. But, we never know unless we try it aight? And I prove it that I was wrong. The oxtail soup taste good. With a savory broth it taste just right. And the oxtail also tender. I can ripped it from the bone easily.
  
Veal with Pesto Linguini - IDR 120.000
Pan-fried veal with homemade pesto linguini and tomato vinaigrette.
Linguini is a pasta that have texture thin like fettuccine but smaller.  In Bakerzin, they served this linguini al-dente or cooked perfectly. The pesto really blend well with the linguini. And don't forget the very tender veal. It also seasoning well. I like it


Sliced Beef with Crushed Potato - IDR 160.000
Tenderloin slice served with over mixed vegetables and potato crush.
With all the tempting description and considering the price too, I really have a high expectation on this menu. But unfortunately, it's not my lucky day. The beef is a total failure (sorry to say...). It so chewy, tasteless and I barely can't eat it. So I end up only eat the mashed potato, nice cooke veggies and the gravy sauce. Look at my next table who order a menu just like me, and she also get the one like me. Bakerzin really really have to make improvement with this menu.   

Blue Passion Macaron - IDR 35.000
To be honest, I ordered this one because I looked at the cute presentation. Bright blue and the shiny yellow is just like a sun above the ocean. And when I taste it, it pretty freshening. Simple syrup with a lil' bit kick of soda. And the blue macaroon also taste good.

Sweet Peach Sparkling Fruity Tea - IDR 30.000
The freshness from the peach is really great. A bit of soda and fruity tea make this drink flavorful without too overpowering sweetness.

Iced Honey Lemon - IDR 33.000
Honey mixed with lemon bring out the freshening feeling. One sip from this drink is never enough. Plus you'll get the very fresh lychee. Sluurpp...

Iced Tiramisu Caffe Cinno - IDR 35.000
Are you in the mood for coffee? Then you have to try this Tiramisu Caffe Cinno. it feels like we eat a cake in glass. What make this drink good is that both the tiramisu and the coffee have a balance role. So it not too sweet or bitter.

Finally after an hour since our main course finish, we can get our dessert. I told you before aight? That Bakerzin has transform into a dessert bar? So of course we wont missed their dessert.

Red Velvet Lava - IDR 55.000

Our table ordered 2 plates of this Red Velvet. It just because, from 4 dessert menu mentioned only 3 can be serve. The 1st plate, they not to succeed bring out the lava. It's like stuck inside the cake. But the cake taste good though. It's soft and delicate enough. I like the cheesy ball. It sooooo gooodd... It's creamy yet light. Make me want to bite more. Combine the warm cake with the ice cream to get a more yummy taste.

Deconstructed Foret Noir - IDR 55.000
We also ordered 2 plate for this menu, and again we got a failure in 1st plate. The cake and ice cream is fall apart and not look appetizing. But when I dig in the brownies, the texture is so light and moist. I like it when it still warm. Served with creamy chocolate mousse which pretty good since it's not too sweet.

Iced Puma - IDR 55.000
Basically I think it's the same with the mouse above. It's a chocolate mouse that served in great presentation with a bowl filled with dry ice so it will look smoky. However, this is not my favorite. But I like the strawberry meringue though.

Earl Grey Chocolate Mouse
To be honest, it's not the my first choice of cake. Since bakerzin start running out of their cakes, so i just what it left. And this Earl Grey Chocolate Mouse ( I hope I said it right, because I'm a bit forget the excat name)  is one of them. Lucky for me, this cake is soo damn good. So moist and the earl grey is dominated the cake. Recommended. 

Macaroon
And for the goodie bag, Bakerzin gave us a box of macaroon. All the taste is so yummy and so hard to resist. I think I'll comeback again for the macaroon.

Thank you Bakerzin for your hospitality and the your yummy dessert.


Bakerzin
Plaza Senayan Level 2
Jalan Asia Afrika
Jakarta 10270
Phone: 021-57900408
FB Fan Page: Bakerzin
twitter: @bakerzinjkt

2 komentar:

  1. I love Bakerzin, but in Bandung particularly their cakes and pastries aren't very popular meaning they're not so fresh. Hopefully with this new concept they can fix that!

    BalasHapus
  2. I love reading an article that will make men and women think. Also, thank you for allowing me to comment!

    BalasHapus

  • Blogger news

  • Blogroll

  • About